The Quran Beginners Program
Instructor: Sister Tourkieh Kholoki
Mondays & Wednesdays 5pm-6:30pm. Second session available 6:30pm-8pm.
Raise our youth based on the teachings of the Quran, and fill their hearts with the Noor of the Quran. Childhood is one of the most important stages in life. It’s a time when we learn habits and beliefs that will stick with us for the rest of our lives. As the famous line of Arabic poetry goes:
“Our children will grow and one day be upon, what parents had taught them when they were still young.”
In addition to teaching students Quran, this program focuses on helping our students to learn to have Taqwa and be obedient to Allah, because these things will help them for the rest of their lives and in the next life.
6-10 year old boys and girls
Quran Education Goals
● Teach each student how to read the words of the Quran correctly.
● Help students to memorize small parts of the Quran, and teach them basic skills that they need to be able to memorize and keep their memorization strong in the future.
● Explain the meanings of some of the words of the Quran as well as some Islamic rules that are important for kids to know.
Character-Building and Spirituality Goals
● Help students to love the Quran and make it easy for them to understand it.
● Teach students the manners and etiquettes that they need to know at their age.
● Engage students in activities that help them to love the Quran and want to live by its teachings.
Registration forms can be submitted to email@example.com or given to Administrative Director Sister Nasreen Amira in-person or mailed to The Mecca Center, Attention: Mecca Quran Institute, 16W560 91st Street, Willowbrook, IL 60527.
The Quran Institute holds classes at the Mecca Center – 16W560 91st Street Willowbrook, IL 60527. For more information, please call (630)241-2000 x4 or e-mail MQI@meccacenter.org.