The Mecca Center is seeking an Administrative Assistant reporting to the Principal of the Quran Blossoms program starting September 2019 or before. We are looking for the best qualified candidate for this very important role and will be begin interviewing immediately. Internal candidates may also apply.
To apply please submit your resume/CV, a cover letter, and any relevant information that illustrates your qualifications for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Quran Blossoms Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
- Support the Principal of school and teachers with administrative duties including registration, record keeping, special projects, and miscellaneous tasks
- Carry out tasks on the admin checklist for annual, semi-annual, monthly, and weekly tasks including attending all staff meetings, parent meetings, school events, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the parents of 3-5 year old students; Maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively with current parents, prospective parents, and colleagues
- Occasionally serve as a substitute teacher in urgent situations
- Notify the Quran Blossoms Principal immediately of challenges with children, parents, or staff and appropriately resolve issues with parties involved
- Administer relevant tools such as Google Apps including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc. and utilize new technologies to manage tasks, activities, scheduling, etc. Training is provided if necessary.
- Procure, manage, and update documents and records (electronic and hard copy files) to manage the program’s operations as needed
- Takes initiative to solve problems as they arise; Takes initiative to find ways to improve the school’s operations.
- Islamic commitment in appearance and behavior and a love for children 3-5 years old
- Positive attitude and disposition, punctuality, professionalism at all times. Warm, outgoing, and kind personality.
- Communicating effectively with the parents and a variety of audiences
- Must complete 24 hours of professional development (Relationships & Conflict Resolution)
- Excellent organizing skills as it pertains to digital and hard copy records.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
- Excellent computer skills and eagerness to learn new software and processes
- Reliable, flexible to change, and happy to accept constructive input on self-improvement from colleagues and the Quran Blossoms Principal
- A minimum of Associate’s Degree in Child Care
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Proficiency in writing
- Child Care Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Teaching Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Office Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- An Islamic environment and Muslim-oriented school culture
- Employer-paid tuition for professional development courses (no online classes)
- Ongoing training, 6 teacher workshops per year
- Lots of hugs from our adorable children!
The Mecca Center’s Quran Blossoms inaugural program began in September 2018 and is affiliated with the Muslim American Society (MAS) Baraem program. Quran Blossoms serves our community’s children ages 3-5 years old and focuses on learning and memorizing Quran including basic Arabic, Islamic principles, and Tarbia. The goal by the end of this program is for students to memorize Juz Amma, inshAllah.
The program also includes year-round activities such as Culture Night With My Family, Cooking Day, Science Day, as well as field trips to the Chicago Children’s Museum, Johnson Farm Children’s Zoo & Pumpkin Farm, and other exciting outdoor activities. You can learn more about the Mecca Center Quran Blossoms by visiting www.meccacenter.org/quran-blossoms.