High School Boys & College Men Quran Program
The Mecca Center offers Quran classes for High School and College students (15+) that are interested in learning how to read the Quran. Programs include Islamic studies and activities.
High School Boys
Thursday 5pm-6:30pm and/or Saturday 1:30pm-3pm
College Young Men
Inspire the group of students to live according to the values and the Noor of the Holy Quran and to be role models and examples spreading this light and guidance wherever they go and in whatever they do.
Young men in college
Quran Education Goals
● Teach students how to properly recite the Holy Quran.
● Help students build strong habits of regular recitation of the Quran.
● Encourage students to memorize parts of the Quran.
● Provide students with age-appropriate education on Quranic vocabulary and Quranic stories.
Character-Building and Spirituality Goals
● Build a strong connection between participants and the Holy Quran and explain its passages to them in a way that makes it easy for them to implement in their daily lives.
● Teach participants Islamic rulings from the Quran that are relevant to their lives as college students.
● Help participants to have the foundations to live a good, wholesome life in light of the teachings of the Quran. As Ibn Umar (R) said: “It does not befit a carrier of the Quran to deal with others in a rude or ignorant way. Instead, he is calm and forgiving because he has the Quran inside of him,”
● Encourage participants to become active members of the larger community’s activities and programs.
The Quran Institute will hold classes at the Mecca Center – 16W560 91st Street Willowbrook, IL 60527. For more information, please call (630)241-2000 x4 or e-mail MQI@meccacenter.org.
Registration forms can be submitted and paid online or given to the Program Director or mailed to The Mecca Center, Attention: Mecca Quran Institute, 16W560 91st Street, Willowbrook, IL 60527.