إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
“Verily, we belong to God and we will surely return to Allah.” – Qur’an 2:156
In coordination with a licensed Muslim funeral service, The Mecca Center provides complete funeral services, including:
- Picking-up the deceased from place of death (home, hospital, nursing home, Medical Examiner, etc) to our funeral preparation room within the Mecca Center’s facility at 16W560 91st Street.
- Washing the body (ghusl) and shrouding (Kafn) by qualified, experienced Muslims (females are handled by females only).
- Providing the Kafan materials (Islamic shroud).
- Providing caskets.
- Transporting the casket for Janazah to the Mecca Center.
- Offering Salat al-Janazah (Funeral Prayer) by one of our Imams in the Mecca Center.
- Transporting the casket from the Mecca Center to the cemetery of choice.
- Leading the burial process with a funeral sermon and dua on the grave by one of our Imams.
- Hosting Majlis / Aza’ (condolences reception) for the deceased family.
- Preparing death certificates & other necessary paperwork.
- Offering related counseling as needed such as: inheritance, planned giving, wasiyah (Bequest), etc.
The availability of The Mecca Center’s funeral services is at all times an essential service. We provide funeral services even during our limited reopening restrictions.
For more information, please contact The Mecca Center at (630) 241-2000 ext. 3.