Mission: To provide a sacred, meaningful and comfortable space for the growth of Muslim youth and to create within them a connection with the Mosque as their own.
Purpose: Not only is our mission to provide the sacred space where our youth can create a connection to their Mosque, but also to provide an avenue where they can grow spiritually, evolve intellectually and gain knowledge and guidance of the Islamic tradition. Whether this is at the most basic of levels, or if it is only to serve one individual, our mission and our goal are both the same; and that is to gain the pleasure of our Lord.
Active Programs (Boys):
- Young Youth, ages 10-14. Every Wednesday, 6:30pm-8pm, or ‘‘ishaa prayer”
- Material Covered: Qisas al-Anbiyaa` (Stories of the Prophets), by Ibn Katheer
- Special Topics: often the lesson and/or discussion is geared towards certain events that our students are dealing with at school, or within the community, such as: school parties, holidays, community problems, death(s) of love ones or of our friends’ loved ones, etc.
- Purpose: bringing our young youth to the Masjid. To begin fostering an understanding and the appropriate mannerisms of being in a sacred place for worship, to inspire a love and an attachment to their religious & spiritual identity as Muslims and for their community.
- Youth, ages 14+ — High school & College students.
- Friday Nights, before or after ‘Ishaa` -tentative due to time change
- Friday Night Dars: Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), from these sources: – Raheeq al-Makhtoom, The Sealed Nectar, by Shaykh Safi-ur-Rahman Mubarakpuri – Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources, by Martin Lings – The Life of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf (a lecture series)
- Qiyaam (Bi-weekly): – Reflections on the selected verses of the Qur’an that are recited during tahajjud. – The Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship, by Imam Al-Ghazali (text).
Active Programs (Girls):
Mecca Girls Club: (ages 10-14)
– Take place every other Friday from 6-8pm. The program includes congregational prayer, thikr, Fiqh refreshers, Discussion Topics, Delectable Refreshments
(Older Girls Friday Halaqas (High school and College
Take place every other Friday from 6:30-8:00 pm. Tafseer of Surah Yaseen and Seerah of the Prophet have been covered thus far.
(Older Girls Activities (High school and College
– Commemoration of the Hijrah of the Prophet Event, Commemoration of the Seerah of the Prophet Event.