TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT
1. RENTAL: The Mecca Center banquet facility is available for receptions, dinners, parties, conferences, conventions, and group meetings to members of the Mecca Center, other private parties and organizations. All rooms for purposes of meetings will be made available for fee rentals, so long as such space is not needed for Mecca Center programs or related activities.
The banquet facility shall not be rented out to groups if the nature of the use is such that it could increase the risk of liability to the Mecca Center. The banquet facility shall not be rented out to groups or organizations wherein there exists the possibility of unreasonable conflicts, excessive noise or disturbance to other Mecca Center users and staff. Rentals are subject to the approval of the Administration depending upon the particular usage for which the renter plans to use the facility.
2. INSURANCE: The Renter must ensure that anyone you hire to work inside the Mecca Center including caterers, kitchen help, paid decorators, photographers, and any entertainers are insured. A Certificate of Insurance must be on file with the Facility Manager no later than two weeks before the event.
3. BANQUET FACILITY: The accommodation capacity of the banquet facility is 360 for an event utilizing the round 10-person tables, and approximately 500 for a lecture style event. The fee is based on a set use time, which includes set-up and clean-up time, and the number of tables, chairs and other items as specified on the Event Order/Banquet Check. Unless previously agreed upon by Mecca Center Staff, groups will have 30-minutes of setup and teardown time, unless authorization is given for additional time, based on availability.
If the event exceeds the terms of the rental contract, the Renter will be charged the hourly rental rate and staff over time charges.
4. DECORATIONS: No staples, tacks, pins, or nails may be used to affix decorations. No adhesive tape of any kind can be used on the meeting room walls, furniture or carpet. In the event that proper authorization is not received and damage results, the cost of repair and/or replacement will be billed to you. Renter is responsible for installing and removing all decorations during the designated times. Renters should familiarize themselves with fire extinguisher locations. Helium balloons are OK provided they are not let loose. Please tie them securely to something stationery.
5. EQUIPMENT: The Mecca Center has media equipment available for rent: TV/VCR, projection screen, overhead projector, easels, etc. Renters must reserve the equipment 30 days in advance.
6. EQUIPMENT RENTALS FROM OUTSIDE COMPANIES: The Mecca Center assumes no responsibility for any rental equipment. Rental equipment must be delivered and picked up on the day of the event, unless special arrangements have been made. The Mecca Center will not accept delivery without prior arrangements through the Mecca Center Facilities Manager.
7. CUSTODIAL SERVICES: The Mecca Center Facility Manager will coordinate set up and take down of tables and chairs and either he or an appointee will be on the premises during the event. Renter will make all arrangements for room set up and staff support during the event with the Facility Manager prior to the event date.
8. MUSIC POLICY: Music groups and equipment must set up before the event and break down immediately following the event. If utilizing equipment other than that supplied or rented through the Mecca Center, musicians must supply all of their own equipment: extension cords, amplifiers, microphones, speakers, etc., and are responsible for moving their equipment on and off the Mecca Center premises. The Mecca Center is not responsible for instruments/ equipment left on the premises before or after the event. No music containing foul, offensive or sexually explicit language will be allowed at the Mecca Center. It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure that all music played by hired DJ’s or musicians is consistent with the values and standards of the Mecca Center.
9. ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS: Power requirements for the Mecca Center must be handled by the Mecca Center’s in-house electrical provider. Additional costs will be charged to the group based on the necessary power requirements needed. Arrangements can be made through the Facility Manager.
10. PARKING: Use of The Mecca Center parking lot is included in the facility rental. The Mecca Center is not responsible for tickets incurred by guests parking in “No Parking” areas. Overflow parking may be available. This can be requested through the Facility Manager but is subject to availability.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH POLICIES & PROCEDURES: Groups and individuals who use the banquet facility are guests of the Mecca Center, and use of the space should reflect that understanding. You agree to comply with all applicable qualifications, rules, policies and procedures as determined by the Mecca Center, and all federal and state laws and standards.
12. SMOKING/ALCOHOL & RESTRICTIONS: The Mecca Center is a non-smoking facility, including the Mecca Center parking lot and grounds. All renters are expected to follow this policy and inform and monitor their guests to ensure the policy is being adhered to. The serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited in the Mecca Center facilities or on the Mecca Center property.
13. TEENAGE EVENTS: Any event where the primary age of the participants is under 19 is required to have 3 adult chaperones with an additional chaperone for every 15 participants over 30 in attendance.
14. PET POLICY: No pets are allowed on the Mecca Center premises, except for assistance dogs.
15. TOURS/FACILITY ACCESS: Tours of the Mecca Center facility are not included in the rental agreement. Due to safety/liability issues, the Renter and guests of the Renter shall only occupy the banquet facility they have rented, with exception of the lobby entrance area and any other designated restrooms. If you would like to schedule a tour of the Mecca Center, please contact the Mecca Center front desk during normal business hours.
16. DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY: A 50% deposit and a signed contract are required to reserve your event. The final balance is due 30 days prior to the scheduled date. Should an event be cancelled two (2) months or more prior to the event date, your deposit may be refunded. For cancellations made less than two months prior to the event date, the following deposit refund schedule will apply:
45 days prior to event: 50% of initial deposit nonrefundable
30 days prior to event: 100% of initial deposit nonrefundable
No refunds will be made when the event is canceled by the Mecca Center due to the Renter’s noncompliance with the terms and conditions of this rental agreement.
17. RETURNED CHECKS: A fee of $35.00 will be charged on each check that is returned for Non-Sufficient Funds.
18. PERSONAL PROPERTY: The Mecca Center will not assume responsibility or liability for personal property and equipment brought onto or left on the property.
19. DAMAGE DEPOSIT/RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES: A $200 refundable damage deposit is required to secure all facility rentals at the Mecca Center; however, the party and/or authorized representatives will be responsible for any damages done to the facility during the period of rental, including outside vendors, contractors, and attendees. If repairs or replacement costs exceed the amount of the damage deposit, you will be responsible for the excess amount, and charges will be made.
20. SIGNS AND BANNERS: No signs or posters are permitted in the main lobby. Only two signs directing traffic to the banquet facility is acceptable. Signage should be of professional quality and approved by the Mecca Center. No signs, posters, banners, or printed material will be allowed to be pinned, taped, or affixed in any way to doors, walls or ceilings. With prior approval, the Mecca Center’s maintenance staff will assist with hanging banners/signs. Prices will vary based on location of item(s) and labor involved.
21. STORAGE: Customers or contractors cannot use the Mecca Center public areas and service hallways for storage of supplies or equipment.
22. TAX: All federal, state, and municipal taxes which may be imposed or be applicable to this agreement and to the services rendered by the Mecca Center are in addition to the prices herein agreed upon, and the customer agrees to pay for them separately. Tax exempt groups must provide the proper Tax Exemption certificate.
23. FORCE MAJEURE: Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to natural disasters (ex. earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods), government authority, acts of terrorism, labor disputes, or any other act outside the control of the Mecca Center and the signed parties.
24. INDEMNIFICATION: The Renter, their successors and assigns, hereby indemnifies and holds the Mecca Center, its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, successors and assigns, free and harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, damages or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fee and any such fees to enforce this indemnification, for which the Mecca Center, its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, successors and assigns may become liable or incur in connection with any matter associated with Renter’s use of the Mecca Center facilities for the event listed above.
25. SIGNATURES: I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to all of the terms and provisions of this policy and that services provided under this agreement are expressly limited to those set forth above and that the charges and terms are acceptable. I agree to comply with all applicable qualifications, rules, policies and procedures as determined by the Mecca Center administration, and all federal and state laws and standards, as well as all Mecca Center policies for facility use, etc., in effect at the time of the event. I am authorized to enter into this agreement. In the event of litigation to collect sums due hereunder, the Mecca Center shall recover reasonable attorneys’ fees.