Ramadan Greetings from The Mecca Center
Ramadan Mubarak! Please register for Isha & Taraweeh Prayer Services and Jummah Prayer Services below. Registration is required and opens every day at 10am here at meccacenter.org/ramadan.
The first day of Ramadan 1442 is on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, insha’Allah. Taraweeh prayer will start on Monday night April 12, 2021. Prayers will be held in the Musalla, the Gym, and the Banquet Hall downstairs.
The first day of Shawwal “Eid-ul-Fitr” will be on Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Your donations are Zakat-eligible and tax-deductible. You can also mail a check to The Mecca Center, 16W560 91st St., Willowbrook, Illinois 60527.
Isha & Taraweeh Prayer Guidelines
1. Masks and social distancing are required at all times at The Mecca Center.
2. Socializing at the main doors will not be permitted at any time.
2. Congregants must bring their own prayer rugs.
3. Limited Taraweeh: Daily online registration for Isha and Taraweeh prayer is required (opens 10am every day)
• Doors opens 15 minutes before Isha Adhan
• Please register for Isha and Taraweeh prayer services at meccacenter.org/ramadan or scan this QR code to visit the registration page
• Children under 12 years old are not allowed (no babysitters are available)
4. For the safety and comfort of all members, members who are not praying should please leave the building.
5. Parking is available in the main Mecca Center parking lot, Macedonian Orthodox Church parking lot, Anne M Jeans Elementary School parking lot. Due to limited parking space, we encourage carpooling.
• The Mecca Center: 16W560 91st Street, Willowbrook, IL 60527
• Anne M Jeans Elementary School: 16W631 91st St, Willowbrook, IL 60527
• Macedonian Orthodox Church: 10S330 IL-83, Willowbrook, IL 60527
6. No food or drinks are allowed (only water).
7. Spots are not guaranteed if you arrive 15 minutes after Adhan.
8. We highly encourage you to get the Covid vaccine when it is available for you.
Second Wing Construction Project
We are currently moving towards the completion our second wing to meet the needs of our growing education programs and community. With your support, our second wing will open by the end of 2021, insha’Allah.
The Mecca Center’s Second Wing will include two floors totaling 13,000 square feet,
8 Large Classrooms, 4 Offices, a Library, Multi-Purpose Room, Teacher’s Room, Counseling Room, and Large Bathrooms on Each Floor.
With a second wing, our children and future generations will benefit from Islamic educational programs and activities that will enrich their minds and spirits. Learn more and donate to our second wing construction project at meccacenter.org/secondwing.
Planned Giving Program
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “When a person dies, his/her acts come to an end, but three: Sadaqah Jariyah (recurring or ongoing charity), useful/beneficial knowledge, or a pious child who prays for the deceased.”
The Mecca Center Planned Giving program provides community members with an opportunity to give Sadaqah Jariyah to plan for an everlasting legacy by including The Mecca Center in their will. Planned Gifts to the Mecca Center are considered major gifts made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning. These forms of gifts can include equity, life insurance, real estate, personal property, or cash. Learn more at meccacenter.org/plannedgiving.
New Tax Deductions for Individuals and Businesses
As part of the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and. Economic Security Act), individual and business tax provisions have changed to provide additional support to charitable 501(c)3 organizations like The Mecca Center. Please consult your accountant or financial advisor regarding tax-deductions for individual and business charitable contributions.