The Mecca Center Prayer Services Registration
Eid Prayer Services
Jummah Prayer Services
Guidelines for Limited Reopening
The Mecca Center: COVID-19 Acknowledgment
- Face coverings must be worn at all times at The Mecca Center, even when social distance is maintained. All individuals in The Mecca Center facility must wear a face covering unless they have a medical contraindication, are under 2 years of age, have trouble breathing, or are unconscious, incapacitated, or unable to remove the face covering without assistance.
- Temperature and/or symptom screenings are required for all staff, students, and visitors entering The Mecca Center facility. Individuals who exhibit symptoms will be sent home and referred to a medical provider for evaluation and treatment and be given information about when they can return to school/on site activity.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are suspected of having COVID-19 infection should seek medical attention, self-isolate, and follow CDC guidelines for discontinuation of isolation. Individuals who have had close contact* with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is suspected of having COVID-19 infection should isolate at home and monitor for symptoms for 14 days.
- Individuals and/or parents of children who tested positive for COVID-19 MUST notify The Mecca Center immediately by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mecca Center will not be liable under any circumstances in the case that a student, community member, or employee develops COVID-19 or has had any unforeseen exposure to the virus.
* Close contact means the individual was within 6 feet of the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 or is suspected of having COVID-19 infection for more than 15 minutes.
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea, or diarrhea, or if you have underlying conditions such as asthma, chronic lung disease, diabetes, or heart disease please do not attend The Mecca Center’s prayer services.
- Use only the front door for entering and the other for exiting
- The back doors will be available for use only for Friday prayers
- Bring your own prayer rugs
- Please pray Sunnah at home
- Restrooms are NOT available, please make wudu at home.
- Bring your own face mask and wear it appropriately at all times
- At the door, please be ready for signing in and a temperature check
- Plastic bags will be provided for shoes; the shoe rack area will not be available
- In the Musalla area, please stay within your marked spot for prayers or waiting
- Please avoid any physical contact including handshakes or hugs
- Please don’t touch Quran shelves, chairs, doors, or other items in common areas.
Thank you for your cooperation. The Mecca Center thanks the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) for their guidance in determining these guidelines. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.