Effective: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 / Isha prayer
You must present your electronic ticket at the time of entry at Jummah Prayer Service. Please have access to your mobile device and email to present the ticket that will be e-mailed and/or texted to you.
Ages 25 and younger will pray in The Mecca Center gym.
The following guidelines shall be observed at all times in and around The Mecca Center:
At this time, the maximum capacity of congregants in the facility is 100 people and online registration is required to attend Jummah Prayer services.
We broadcast a lecture live on Facebook at 12:30pm on Fridays. Two short Jummah prayers will be offered at 1:00pm and 2:30pm. The number of attendees will be monitored by the management of The Mecca Center. Please follow the directions of the assigned management and personnel.
Please arrive 10 minutes before Iqama to allow time for registration and screening including a temperature check. People should leave immediately after prayer. No one under 14 years of age will be allowed. We advise people over 65 and those with underlying health problems to strongly consider avoiding coming to The Mecca Center.
If you tested positive for COVID-19 or were exposed to someone who tested positive recently, please stay home.People who have tested positive for COVID-19 must wait at least 3 weeks after testing positive and are free of symptoms to attend.
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea, or diarrhea, or if you have underlying conditions such as asthma, chronic lung disease, diabetes, or heart disease please do not attend The Mecca Center’s prayer services.
- Use only the front door for entering and the other for exiting
- The back doors will be available for use only for Friday prayers
- Bring your own prayer rugs
- Please pray Sunnah at home
- Restrooms are NOT available, please make wudu at home.
- Bring your own face mask and wear it appropriately at all times
- At the door, please be ready for signing in and a temperature check
- Plastic bags will be provided for shoes; the shoe rack area will not be available
- In the Musalla area, please stay within your marked spot for prayers or waiting
- Please avoid any physical contact including handshakes or hugs
- Please don’t touch Quran shelves, chairs, doors, or other items in common areas.
Thank you for your cooperation. The Mecca Center thanks the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) for their guidance in determining these guidelines. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.