Kindergarten and First Grade Prep will be held Wednesdays and Fridays between June 15 and July 15, 2022 from 10am-2pm. Ensure our students have the best possible transition to kindergarten and first grade by registering your child. We will continue to reinforce lessons learned throughout the year and introduce new topics.
***Class is limited to 15 students attending kindergarten or first grade in fall. Students will need to bring a snack, lunch, water bottle, and sweater. ***
Areas of Focus for Kindergarten
1. Letter Recognition and Sound
2. Sight Words
3. Print Concepts
4. Number Recognition and Concept
5. Social Emotional Readiness – walking silently in a line, waiting your turn to speak, raising hands
Areas of Focus for First Grade
1. Sight Words
2. CVC and CVCE reading and spelling
3. Addition and subtraction within 20
4. Basic math concepts- shapes, measurement, greater than/less than 5. Social Emotional Readiness – walking silently in a line, waiting your turn to speak, raising hands
The program is led by Sister Rissa Loucks, BA in Early Childhood Education / Special Education / ESL. Rissa has been working with children professionally for about 18 years.